The O-Shot® (or Orgasm Shot®) is a nonsurgical procedure that uses the growth factors each woman has in her own body to stimulate vaginal and clitoral rejuvenation to activate the Female Orgasm System. These growth factors are isolated by processing blood and removing some components to yield what is called “Platelet Rich Plasma”. Platelet Rich Plasma has been studied extensively for it’s regenerative properties in regards to healing, rejuvenating and reinvigorating tissues in the human body ranging from tendons, muscles, ligaments, skin and genitals.
The concentrated growth factors found in PRP signal the body to begin reparative processes in the areas where they are injected The procedure is very safe as no chemicals or compounds are being introduced into the body but rather blood is being reintroduced into specific areas to obtain a desired result.
• Decreased libido (sex drive)
• Stress urinary incontinence
• Dryness (with resulting painful intercourse) from Menopause or from Breast Cancer Treatment
• Decreased ability to orgasm
• Urge urinary incontinence
• Lichen sclerosus
• Lichen planus
• Chronic pain from trauma from child birth (episiotomy scars)
• Chronic pain from mesh
• Chronic interstitial cystitis
The O-Shot works through regenerating tissues using Platelet Rich Plasma. Initially, the increased volume that results from injecting fluid into the areas containing sexual sensory nerves will cause an increase in sensation and pleasure. However, the real value in the O-Shot becomes realized in the weeks after the injection when the PRP begins to regenerate the worn and damaged tissues of the vagina and clitoris through several different processes, one of which is call angiogenesis, or the formation of new blood vessels in the area. When injured tissues are starved of blood they have a difficult time healing, as is the case with tendons and ligaments. It is believed introducing plasma into these area, full of platelets and nutrients, signals the latent stem cells to heal, repair and generate newer, younger tissue. A good analogy would be the yellow pus-like substance that collects around cuts and scrapes and eventually scabs over to close and heal the wound. The natural reparative process is occurs through the body’s own healing process and the O-Shot and PRP work as a catalyst to signal it to start.
Although each woman’s experience can be different, here’s a list of some of the things our patient’s have told us they experience after having the O-Shot ® and rejuvenating the Orgasm System..
• Greater arousal from clitoral stimulation
• Younger, smoother skin of the vulva (lips of the vagina).
• A tighter introitus (vaginal opening)
• Stronger orgasm
• More frequent orgasm
• Increased sexual desire
• Increased ability to have a vaginal orgasm
• Decreased pain for those with dyspreunia (painful intercourse)
• Increased natural lubrication
• Decreased urinary incontinence
1. The procedure begins with a simple blood draw. Blood is extracted from the patient and put into a specialized tube to be and processed through our PRP Centrifuge. The centrifuge uses gravity to pull the heavier components found in the blood to the bottom of the tube while the platelets and plasma rise to the top. This is collected inside individual syringes.
2. After the centrifuge process is complete the tube will yield a yellow platelet rich plasma serum which will later be injected into the patient
3. Patient is prepped by sanitizing the injection area and applying a topical numbing crème to reduce pain.
4. After the numbing cream has reduced sensation in the area, the PRP serum is loaded into syringes and injected into several sites inside the vagina and clitoris. The procedure is generally painless (your experience may vary) but some discomfort may occur during the Clitoral injection though it is important to note the numbing crème will thoroughly desensitize the area.
If you are looking to heighten your sexual pleasure, increase sensation during intercourse or recapture the sensation you once had when you were younger or treat vaginal dryness as the result of aging or pain during intercourse the O-Shot may be right for you.
If you experience urinary incontinence, which began after childbirth, the O-Shot may be a good choice for you as well.
Call us at (865) 248-3138 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Bello to discuss the O-Shot in further detail!